How to apply for Kuwait Drivers License.
Check if you are eligible to apply by asking these questions:
- Are you a degree holder?
- Is your salary in your (green paper) 600KD or above?
- Are you a resident in Kuwait for 2 years up?
- Is your current job title is exempted with the 600KD salary bracket (Engineer, doctor, accountant, MOH nurse, mandouf, etc..)
If you are eligible then you can follow these steps and procedure
- Go to muror (Kuwait Traffic office) and ask for an application form
- Bring the form to your office to get your sponsor’s signature
- Request for a copy of your salary certificate, “green paper”, company license
- Have your university degree translated in arabic and have it authenticated
- original and copy of passport and civil id
- blood group certificate
Steps once you’ve secured all necessary documents:
- Submit documents to Muror – an officer will check them. if there are no problem with your documents they will give you a paper for your eye test
- bring the paper to the government eye clinic and bring the paper back to Muror and take a 10KD stamp
- Once you submitted the documents with the eye test result, you will have your photo taken
- You will be given a green paper (istimara)
- Bring your istimara to any of Kuwait’s driving school. In my case I went to Kuwait Motoring Company
- Enroll yourself to the driving school. Prices vary depending on the number of days that you will be given after one of their driving instructors assessment on your driving skills. 4 days = 98KD, 7 days = 128KD and 158KD for 10 days driving lesson plus 10KD stamp.
- Get your driving test schedule after your driving lesson
Driving test day
- Be sure to arrive early on your driving test day
- Theoretical test will be given first before the practical test
- if you pass the theoretical test then you can proceed to the practical test, if not then you need to retake the test after 2 days (i think)
TIPS on practical driving test
- Greet the officer with a smile 🙂
- Be sure to adjust all the mirrors and your seat
- put on your seat belt
- Ask the officer to put on his seat belt
- Check your surrounding by turning your head around before you change the gear to reverse.
- Take it easy on accelerator and brake
- Be polite and say, thank you
Thank you @Mangarap Ka