Will the increase in water and electric tariff affect house / flat rent in Kuwait? I hope not.
As of now the average monthly rent for a flat with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and a small kitchen, ranges from 200 to 250 KD and a 2 bedroom flat cost around 300 KD with free water and electricity.
Ministry of Water and Electricity is on the verge of concluding the executive regulations of Law No. 20/2016 regarding the new electricity and water tariffs, reports Al- Qabas daily. Following is the price of water:
- Investment, trade and official sectors (KD 4.0 per each 1,000 imperial gallons).
- Industrial and agricultural sectors (KD 2.5 per 1,000 imperial gallons).
- Water filling stations (KD 1.0 per 1,000 imperial gallons). Following is electricity price for investment sector (Rental flats)
- 5 fils per 1 to 1,000 kilowatts
- 10 fils per 1001 to 2,000 kilowatts
- 15 fils per 2,000 kilowatts and above Official and trade sector
- 25 fils per kilowatt Industrial sector
- 10 fils per kilowatt Agricultural sector
- 10 fils per kilowatt Other sectors
- 20 fils per kilowatt
The executive regulation will be enforced on trade and investment sectors as of May 22, 2017, official sector beginning November 2017, while the industrial, agricultural and other sectors will begin Feb 22, 2018.
Source : Arabtimes