REFOOD IS SEEKING A DYNAMIC LEADER WITH A PASSION FOR FOOD & SOCIAL JUSTICE, A KIND HEART, AND POSITIVE ENERGY TO TAKE ON THIS REWARDING AND CHALLENGING POSITION OF FOOD BANK MANAGER.
re:food is a humanitarian non-profit initiative by the youth of Kuwait. It aims to eliminate food wastage in the food & beverage industry of Kuwait through food re-distribution to local beneficiaries. We aim to encourage and connect individuals, families, businesses, and organizations in the fight against food wastage.
The Food Bank Manager is responsible for the overall management and smooth operation of the re:food program. The Food Bank Manager directs staff and volunteers to ensure that the needs of Food Bank partners are met in an efficient, safe and respectful manner. The bulk of the job involves the management of inventory, quality control, and beneficiaries as well as supplier coordination. The Food Bank Manager will be guided by the Principles of re:food and will promote these principles among staff, volunteers and program participants. Reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Train, support, schedule and supervise two paid staff and volunteers to meet program needs and objectives;
• Manage inventory management including food deliveries, and donation pick-ups, rotation of inventory, packaging and processing’s;
• Provide for optimal pickup of goods for food bank beneficiaries; conduct periodic program evaluation;
• Ensure a safe, healthy food bank environment;
• Participate in fundraising and communications strategies specific to the Food Bank, and support the achievement of organization’s overall resource development and fundraising objectives;
• Assist in preparation and administration of annual program budget;
• Use the management software efficiently and enter all data accordingly to provide suppliers with up-to-date information regarding their donations;
• Ensure all contractual obligations are met with regard to program activities, outcomes, audits and reporting;
• Provide for optimal communication among staff, volunteers and program participants;
• Maintain and adhere to all guidelines and regulations pertaining to safety, sanitation and food service;
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
• Ability to maintain priorities in ongoing fashion, manage multiple priorities and delegate staff and resources accordingly.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds;
• Ability to maintain organization and centeredness in a changing, at times hectic, environment;
• Ability to identify and effectively address core issues and concerns in a variety of situations;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to learn and handle management software and reporting
• Capacity for handling delicate or difficult interpersonal situations effectively and tactfully;
• Capacity for working effectively with all people
• Willingness to proactively seek supervisory input, resources and information needed to accomplish job.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Associates degree or equivalent;
• Three to five years’ experience in program management, (warehouse/food management is preferred)
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications;
• Ability to obtain valid food handlers permit
• Bi-lingual (English/Arabic);
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Works closely with a diversity of people on a daily basis;
• Position involves significant physical exertion on a regular basis, including heavy lifting and carrying (50 lbs. or more);
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org